Tag Archives: distress oxide inks

It’s Your Day

This Father’s Day card was created using A Good Man, Sailing Home and Well Written (sentiment) stamp sets from Stampin’ Up. I brushed distress oxide inks on the card stock to make the background. The man and the boat were fussy cut and attached with dimensionals.

Advertisements

Sending a birthday bouquet

This birthday card was created using Altenew Prettiest Pomander and Altenew Versatile Vases. I colored both with copics. I not only cut card stock for the vase, but added a piece of vellum to accentuate the glass effect (which is not visible in the picture). I randomly brushed the first layer with distress oxide ink, in order to not have a stark white layer. The second layer, which is Stampin’ Up Sweet Sugarplum, was run through the Big Shot with the SU Tufted Dynamic embossing folder. The sentiment on the front is also from the Versatile Vases stamp set.

New Home

New home card was created using Stampin’ Up Pop On By. Background was brushed using Ranger Distress Oxide inks and stamped with Stampin’ Up Lovely as a Tree. The house and fence were stamped and colored with markers. I cut the windows out and put a piece of acetate with the colored curtains behind it.

EDITED 03/04/2019
Well, the more I looked at this card, the more I disliked it. So I cut out another house, and cut out the windows. I redrew my bricks making them smaller, more in line with the size of the windows and door. This time I colored them with colored pencils. I glued this version to the original version. I am much happier with this one.

What to do for a 9 year old’s birthday card??

My twin grandsons will be 9 next month and I could not come up with anything until my daughter-in-law said they liked dinosaurs. The background is brushed distress oxide inks and the trees are from Stampin’ Up’s Winter Woods set. Happy Birthday from SU Number of Years.

IMG_2646IMG_2647

Happy Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving card for this year, using the Stampin’ Up Pleasant Pheasant stamp set. I stamped the image on white card stock, then masked it so I could create the background. I brushed the background with Ranger Distress Oxide inks. I then removed the masking with a battery operated eraser and colored the image with markers. Next, I cut a Peekaboo Peach piece of cards stock with Stampin’ Up Stitched Seasons framelits, and adhered the pheasant layer behind the opening. Both layers were adhered to to a cream colored heavyweight card stock. The sentiment is also from the Pleasant Pheasant stamp set.

IMG_2589